The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

September 26, 2012

Introducing……


Amelya “Milly” Payne Beckerman
IMG 0537
























8lbs 3 oz. and 19.6 inches long
Born: Saturday September 22, 2012 at 17:44 EEST  (10:44 AM EST for you US peeps)
At Acibadem in Maslak, Istanbul, Turkey

I know I have taken forever to let everyone know what we named her!  But it took us until the very last hour that we were at the hospital to decide!  We have had two names picked out for months but could never both agree on one.  But somehow we came up Amelya and both agreed!  We get our funny spelling and a nickname!



I will post her birth story in the next few days.  I’m pretty worn out.  But thankfully my parents are here, Joel is off for the week, and she’s been a pretty great baby so far.  I’m still feeling very achy and sore.  We only stayed in the hospital about 26 hours after she was born.  24 hours is the standard stay for vaginal births.  We got permission to stay another night but by Sunday afternoon, I was ready to sleep in my own bed and eat my kind of comfort food!

IMG 0555
We are so excited to have Milly as part of our family. 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger R Becks said...

I like the big stretch picture!

September 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home