The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

September 21, 2012

Still in the Oven

Back at the OB again this morning for another check up.  I will be 38 weeks on Monday.  I am just so darn uncomfortable!  You really don’t want me going into the details. LOL.
I know this doesn’t mean much most of the time but my current stats are 2-3 cm dilated 85% effaced and station 0.  I didn’t think she could drop anymore but this morning it was obvious she had.  Walking is getting pretty darn painful.  I would like to thank Acibadem for Valet parking!!!  Most of the parking spots are below the hospital.  You either have to go up a set of steep stairs in the parking lot or make a long hike to the ER entrance and then a long walk to the right elevators.  Last appointment it was raining and I really didn’t feel like walking.  So I hit up Valet.  Oh how wonderful!  It was pouring when we came out and they pulled the car under the roof area (which was really the sidewalk).  So it is raining again today and the walk down to the garage was uncomfortable enough…. so Valet I did.  Getting spoiled here. LOL.
Last night was the first time in days that I wasn’t in bed by 9:30pm.  And man am I feeling it today.  All I want to do is crawl back in bed and enjoy a nice nap to the sound of the rain.  I love rainy days…. as long as I can stay home!   But today, after my trip to the OB, Joel has taken away my driving privileges.  Truthfully, I’m not that upset.  The drive to school everyday is getting tiring and it’s pretty darn uncomfortable.  And now that she has dropped more, my stomach is basically on my thighs, which doesn’t make it much fun.  And don’t get me started on the turns, hills, and crazy drivers. LOL.  I know people keep thinking when I mentions the hills…. that I must be crazy.  Driving up a hill can’t be that bad.  Come to Istanbul and let me show you the hills.  San Francisco has nothing on Istanbul’s hills.  I actually made my front end jump the other day going up a bumpy hill.  Kind of scared the you know what our of me.
Anyways, as of this afternoon, I have a temp driver.  It’s very hard for me to relinquish any thing that I find my responsibility.  But the longer I am here and having to  not do those things, I kind of like it.  I still haven’t found a housecleaner and man do I HATE cleaning now.  I miss my house always being clean.  Not having to paint the nursery….. amazing.  Having someone else do all the repairs…. totally rocks.  I don’t think I want to be a homeowner again.  At least as long as I have a great landlord.  I know Istanbul is different then the States…. with rentals here you can do anything you want to it.  If we were going to stay here for a while, I  would totally do some structural changes.  It’s been interesting watching our Turkish neighbors alter their apartments.  I’m afraid to say that moving back to the States might be more of a culture shock than moving here! LOL.
I’m going to enjoy my last hour of alone time…. i.e. probably pass out on the couch.  Then this afternoon, I have to finish my chores because my parents will be here tomorrow morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home