The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

September 11, 2012

36 Weeks and Back to School!

Today was the first day for the kiddos.  Well for Elly and Jocy.  Because of some paperwork issues, Nate doesn't get to start until tomorrow.  I was pretty upset about it, but in the end it worked out for the better.  We got to concentrate on the girls.  Not that Jocy didn't run off the second we got there.  And as soon as Elly found Lottie, she ignored us too.  But it was nice to catch up with everyone.  And even better, to NOT be the new people!  I think if we had Nate to worry about to, it would have been too much.  He was pretty moody this morning and did NOT want to go to school.  But we got everything taken care of and Nate will go to school tomorrow!
IMG 0108

The girls first day
IMG 0110


IMG 0111

Nate's first day of Preschool
IMG 0114

He was NOT happy
IMG 0115

Finally a smile!
IMG 0117

Elly's first day of Kindergarten!

IMG 0119


IMG 0120

Jocy's first day of 3rd Grade
IMG 0122

My crazy kiddos
IMG 0123


Today have am 36 weeks.  I have an appointment today and am having a Non-stress Test.  I really don't think I have ever had one before.  I really have no need for one other than I'm still tired.  But lets see.... three kids, two dogs, and not sleeping. That will make anyone tired! LOL.  So we will see how it goes.  We are also supposed to have our hospital tour today.  I've been so lucky to have delivered at two great hospitals.  My LDRP room at Hutzel was brand new (and there only like 8 at the time) and Liberty's Birthing Center was new and beautiful.  Achibadem-Maslak is the newest and high tech hospital in Istanbul.  So I'm hoping its comparable.  We finally found and hired a Doula yesterday.  I'm so happy we did!  Things are more different here than I had guess.  So I'm glad I have her to help us thru the process.  I had fears of having to bring our drive into the delivery room to translate!  LOL.


Week: 36
Due Date:  October 8th 
Baby B: She is the size of a bowling ball (yikes) weighing about 6 lbs. and measuring about 18.5 inches from head to heels. She is packing on the lbs. at the rate of an ounce a day. She is starting to shed the peach fuzz that covered her body along with other substances that protected her skin from the amniotic fluid. She is definitely getting ready for her big debut.
Nausea:  Mostly just in the car
Swelling:  A little bit.  You can't really tell but I feel it and my rings actually fit now.  
Aches and Pains:  Tons!  My hips and back are hurting.  I have round ligament pain so bad sometime, I just curl up in a ball.  And I've been getting killer muscle spasms at least one night a week.  And my shoulders are a tense mess from all the stress recently.  UGH 
Cravings: Coke  and I don't drink it!
Aversions: Heat and Turks lack of Deodarant
Bump: HUGE!  It's still pretty cute since I'm all belly.  It is definitely stretched to its limit and itches!
Movement: Slowing down.  She is less sharp jabs and more squirmy.  But still likes to throw a foot just above where my belly button once was. Owww! 
Looking forward to: Meeting my baby girl!
Missing the most: Sleep
Pregnancy milestone hurdle: Still haven't agreed on a name.  In fact, we went back to the drawing board.  Which still brought us back to the same two names. LOL.  Just have to wait until we meet our little girl to officially decide.  Maybe we'll just go with a Turkish name...... I kid!  But I think she will get her dual citizenship.  I'm still behind on getting everything ready.  This weekend we will pull all the carseats out and clean and do the big swap.  The paint has been bought, now just got to get the painter in.  The pack and play is out and ready.  I think we are as ready as we are going to get!

90f4e5cefbe611e1a78c12313804ce91 5

1 Comments:

Blogger KYGrandma said...

WOW! She must be going to be a Hoffman with that big bump!

September 11, 2012 at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home