The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

September 12, 2012

Day three

Today was the third day of school, but the first day the kids rode the bus to school.  Starting at 8:15am, my house was completely quiet.  I, of course, worried if they made it safely to school.  I hate not having the kids in their Britax seats on the school bus.  I had to fight a bit to get them to use a booster with Nate.  And of course it's one I would never use in my car.  But I figure its better than nothing.

I got a cup of decaf coffee and sat down at my desk.  It had become a mess over the last week and all the kids new school stuff needed to be organized.  I was shocked how quickly it got done.  So this is what its like to have no kids at home.  Then it got me thinking, what if we weren't having another baby?  What the heck would I do with my time?   I can't work here, not easy to find stuff for crafting, I really don't want to spend my days shopping like everyone else here.  YIKES! I know its only a half day for Nate but it's awfully strange without him around.  But soon, I will distracted so I am going try to learn to enjoy some real me time.  It's been 8 years since I have had any!  LOL

Nate is really enjoy school, so I am glad we sent him.  It wasn't in our original plan, since we have to pay for it ourselves.  Yesterday, he cried as soon as he saw me.  He didn't want to leave school.  Today was better.  When I got to school, he was playing very happily with two of his classmates in the sandbox.  I stood there on the other side of the playground and watched for a bit.  I'm so  proud of how well he is doing.  With the girls, we had our playgroups and were always doing stuff.  Nate really didn't get that.  He was always tagging along to his sisters stuff.  Now he has his own friends, teacher, and classroom.  He's so excited to tell me what he did that day.  I so happy my kiddos love school.

Now we just have to get the bus sorted out and I will have all kind of free time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home