The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

September 3, 2012

Summer Vacation

Our two weeks of vacation has sadly come to an end.  It’s been a long time since I have gotten to spend that much time with Joel.  With his crazy work schedule, we really needed some time reconnect.  Even as a whole family.

The first week was just hanging around home.  We had some great family time planning the Wii.  The first few days of vacation where the end of fasting for Ramadan, so keeping a low profile was the plan.  Plus we got so much checked off our list!  Way too much shopping!  Finally got to check out the new Gymboree at Trump Towers Mall.  The Mall itself is ok… but I was so happy to see clothes I knew!  It was the first time I’ve ever taken Joel shopping at Gymboree.  I rarely ever buy anything there full price unless I absolute LOVE it.  And we lucked out and they were having a 70% off sale!

We also made sure to hit up the places we like to eat.  We never get to go out to eat during the week, and it is so less stressful.  Fighting the crowds with three kids and me preggers is never a relaxing event. 

Sunday we headed to Canakkale for a week on the Aegean.  The girls were going to Gymnastics camp at one of the local Universities from Tuesday to Tuesday.  So we wanted to cram a few days of fun with them.  Since we are getting lazy here…. we borrowed a Transit and took our driver with us. LOL.  And his family too.  It was our thanks for a good year.  And they are good fun.  Of course we couldn’t get out of the city without some drama, but we finally arrived around dinner time.  It took a bit longer than I had expected, but I enjoyed my first car ferry ride!  I didn’t have any motion sickness at all!

We had a lovely week!  The girls are doing great at camp and I got to relax a bit.  I will post pics and go into detail later.  All I have to say is that vacation with one kid is way too easy. 

Now this week will be spent getting last minute things done before school starts.  The girls get back tomorrow night and I’m sure will be exhausted.  I am so proud of Elly for being the youngest and hanging in there for a hard week.  I’m excited to hear all about it.

Can’t believe summer is almost over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home