The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

September 13, 2015

Settling in Changchun!

We have officially been in the house for a week now.  There are still a few odds and ends to get but for the most part we are functional.  We have a driver but using a rental car until our Transit is ready.  And I hired an Ayi.  What is basically a Mother's Helper.  But she does it all.  Cleans, laundry, childcare, and cooking.  Will even feed the dogs!

Speaking of the dogs,  they should be starting their journey today!  It's way to quiet around the house without them.  Looking forward to long walks and discovering our area.  There is a great walkway by a little river near by.  Plus we still have to check out Moonlake.

So far things are going really well for us.  It is a beautiful area and the people are so nice.  We have been enduring crazy amount of attention.  The kids aren't too happy about it but what can I say.  The Chinese just love their blonde hair.  And who knows how many Americans these folks have seen?

We are loving the house.  There are so many projects I want to do!  Can't wait til our stuff is here!  I will post some pics in another post.  I will admit, it is a bit too big for me.  It works for bedrooms and storage but some of the rooms are MASSIVE.  I don't need a Master bedroom bigger than most apartments.

Anyways, I think I am going enjoy our time in Changchun.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home