The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

February 12, 2013

Mommy's Time out

Tonight, Joel is staying the night at some fancy resort 45 minutes east of the plant.  I don't mind too much.  It's been quite a while since Joel has had to work crazy hours.  I will admit it is getting hard now.  Joel isn't off the phone until after 10pm most night.  He rarely sees the kids awake during the week.  It takes a toll on him too.  At least most night, Milly is still up and he can get a cuddle in before she heads off to bed.  But this is what we are here to do.

Unfortunately, this falls during Mid term break.  I know its just three days, but keeping 4 entertained all day has me beat!  And it doesn't help that Milly is weeks into her 4 month sleep regression.  I have been sleep walking my way thru life.  The main reason behind no blog posts!  Normally, I just cuddle Milly and get naps in when I can.  But I've had to entertain all the them!  They want Valentine crafts and snacks and treats.  Plus their time with mommy.  Packing Jocy for her ski trip is a battle.  She is an overpacker like her mommy.

Tonight, I needed a break!  All the kids were in bed by 9pm.  I turned on some BBC reality TV and poured myself a Maker's and Coke.  Yep, I got out the big stuff.  Its been a while since there was a bottle of Maker's in my house.  Oh, how I have missed you.

I'm going to watch the rest of my show and crawl in bed and HOPE I get a good night sleep.  I don't sleep well alone but I think I'm exhausted enough that tonight it won't matter.  And PLEASE let tonight be the night that my sweet Milly exits her sleep regression!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home