The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

January 15, 2013

Good times

So I know I said I would be posting about our trip to Barcelona, but with 4 kids, life happens.  The kids had three snow day last week.  So our time was spent playing in the snow and snuggling on the couch watching movies with hot chocolate.  Plus throw in a few crafts.  Milly still hasn't improved on her sleep.  I'm guessing the 4 month regression started at 3 months?  She is ahead on her milestones.   So I've been one tired mommy.

We also rearranged the girls room.  Bunked the beds again and made Jocy an office and reading nook.  It is working well but of course we had to dejunk the girls room and that lead to me dejunking the storage room.  Searching for the parts for the bed was the main cause.  I stashed them in the dumbest place but at least it was in the girls storage bins.  Anyways, it looks nice and they seem happy, so it would worth a weekend of work!

This week, Elly is home sick.  She has had a high fever the past two days.  Elly just doesn't get sick and this is the second time this school year.  Sigh, I was hoping she would keep her crazy immune system.  But I have enjoyed getting some alone time with her.  She really doesn't get enough.   I've put everything off that I want to get done until she is napping.  Which as tired as I am, I should be napping with her.  I tried it yesterday but I swear Milly has a radar that as soon as I think about sleep.... CRY!

I did learn something new about Milly recently.  She loves to be sung to before she sleeps.  I started with the tradition nursery rhymes.  They were OK.  I forgot how disturbing some of them are.  I will not be singing Clementine anytime soon.  I got a little bored, threw in some Christmas songs (yes I know its over but I still love them) and then one night out of desperation and exhaustion.... Bye Bye Birdie came out of my mouth.  She instantly relaxed and dozed off.  Hmm... what other musicals work. I am going to have to brush up on my repertoire.

The next afternoon we were rocking listening to my Glee playlist and the next thing I knew, she was out like a light!  Hmm... was this just a fluke?  Turns out nope.  Anytime she gets over tired, listening to my Glee playlist calms her right down.  Hmm...wonder if I played it all night would she sleep thru the night??

Now we have finally got our nightly routine down.  I've even turned "I love you Conrad" into "I love you Milly" to end our singing for the evening.  So far, bedtime is going well.  But the downside, she hates when Joel puts her to bed.  She won't stand for it.  LOL.  Now to just work on that sleeping thru the night thing. Yawn.

1 Comments:

Blogger KYGrandma said...

There was a Murphy Brown episode that had her baby only go to sleep with a Barry Manilow song. She hated Barry, but would sing Copa to get the baby to quit crying.

January 21, 2013 at 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home