The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I can't believe it is Thanksgiving already! It really doesn't feel like it since Thanksgiving is an American Holiday. Joel's at work and the kiddos are at school. We aren't celebrating Thanksgiving until Saturday. These are the few times that I am homesick. There have been very few times that we didn't have a full house, last year being one of them.

When we lived in Liberty, we either had family in or shared it with our neighbor Rich and his family or both! We had some amazing holidays together! I thought about inviting a bunch of people over this year but after Milly's party last weekend, visitors, and Milly not sleeping well…. I'm just too tired. I'm actually kind of dreading the cooking I'm going to do. We are just having our driver and his family over but that is still 10 mouths to feed. And add in a birthday party, trip to the Pazar, and gymnastics on top of cooking. I'm hoping to get my shopping done tomorrow and find a real Turkey this year.  Last year we just had a turkey breast.  Truthfully, I'd rather be going to my moms and let them do the cooking and I get to be lazy! I want to watch the Macy's Day parade with the kids. I want sweet potatoes!

 We only have one more Thanksgiving here. I can't believe that we are almost halfway thru. Even though I miss these days at home… this has become our home and it will be hard to leave. I really don't know if I will be ready to go back to the States. If we get offered another overseas assignment, we will take it. I know that sucks for our parents, but these are once in a lifetime chances. I have seen and experienced more in the last 16 months then I thought I would my whole life. And there is still plenty to do in the next 20 months!

 So while everyone else is stuffing themselves and watching American football, I will be shopping in Eminonu for the 2 work parties and a Christmas party. I'm so excited that our social calendar is full. We even have a New Year's Eve party with our good friends. So though I am having a moment of sadness, I am thankful for all that we have been given. Being here has really been a huge growing experience for me.

 Happy Turkey day to all!! 


 And PS…. today Milly is 2 months old!! IMG 0752

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home