The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

September 7, 2012

I am so done

Please excuse the rant, but I'm in such a need for a MNO with my old group, this will have to do. LOL.

Well I have officially reached my limit and had my pregnancy meltdown.  I’ve been really uncomfortable, I haven’t slept thru the night in months, and turns out a week of vacation wasn’t enough. Planning that was stressful enough, I never want to plan another one again!  My to do list just keeps getting longer.  I’m no where near feeling ready for this baby.  Her to do list is longer than the other!  I know its been building for weeks now, but today was just the last straw and I lost my shit…. to say it nicely.
 
Getting things done in Istanbul is much more complicated than I would have ever expected.  For a city that has been around forever, they have pretty arcadic systems.  Things get lost and no one cares, multitasking is not in the vocabulary, but I’ve been trying to remember that’s just the way things are here.  Thank God for being an American!

I’m so frustrated trying to get work done around the house, finding a new housecleaner, getting Nate register for school and add the sheer exhaustion and the hormones…. it was just a matter of time.  Today was just a really rough day.  I am hoping to have got it out of my system because things are not going to calm down anytime soon.  This weekend, Joel has to work (for the first time), we have uniform shopping, a meeting with a doula, plus I’m still making up laundry from vacation.  Then finish all the baby stuff I can.  And then school starts next week, we still have a dumb piece of paper to submit for Nate to be official registered, and make sure the bus is set up.  Then Jocy informs me that gymnastics starts the first day of school.  Plus my OB had to reschedule my appointment to the most inconvenient time but no other option.  UGH!  I am already stressing.  Just so much going on over the next few months and none of it is drama free!  I will be so counting down the days until Christmas in Barcelona!

But the best part of all the craziness, is our newest addition.  Even though she is making me miserable, I can’t wait to meet her.  But until then, I am going to warn the world, do NOT cross me!  This crazy pregnant lady may go postal on you! Smile

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger R Becks said...

I love you lots and lots and if there's anything I can do from over here, let me know!

I will do anything you need for help with Barcelona too. As I'm filling out job application after job application ;)

September 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger KYGrandma said...

Like mother, like daughter. And I didn't live in Istanbul!

September 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home