The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

January 26, 2015

A life without ...

Diapers that is.  I don't do without much. :)  My husband takes very good care of me.  Maybe a haircut here and there.  Moving on.  I am potty training for the last time.  At the same time it is exciting yet sad.  Milly is no longer a baby. Sigh.  My last baby is almost a preschooler.  Where did the time go?

Milly has been ready for potty training for quite a while.  We were working on it before we left Spain.  We bought her a potty seat and step.   She does OK if I kept up with it.  Then we went back to the States and it got put off again.  But then she decided she wanted to use the potty.  So after the battle of her wanting to fall in the toilet, my mom picked up a potty chair.  That was a fun battle as she thought it was a plaything.  And that the powder room was now HERS.  She loved walking in on Grandpa using the bathroom.  Finally, the door started to get locked.  We let her keep trying but we knew going back would mess her up.  She was at about 60%.  She even made me take her while we were out and on the plane!  But sometime during out travels, she decided she HATED public toilets.  Like throw down screaming tantrum.  But she kept asking.  It was very frustrating.

Now we have been back for a bit, I decided full on assault.  I want her to start school in the fall (thought about even sooner) and she needs to be potty trained.  We had bought her new underwear in the States.  Even Frozen!  She did well.  Only a handful of accidents.  Except for #2.  Dear Lord, it was awful.  And I got the joys of cleaning it up every time.  I finally gave in and just started throwing her directly in the shower.  This did not bode well with Milly.  So then she moved on to she would only poo in her Pull Up in the middle of the night.  Which then started middle of the night wake up and she then thought it was party time.  Mommy was NOT happy.

Finally, with bribing of Kinder Eggs.....  we are 2 for 2 in the potty!  It was a great day!  But the one thing I forgot about the beginning of potty use.....   the thousand times a day when she needs to go!  No matter where or what you are doing.  I got the joys of her screaming at me while completely soaped up in the shower.  Fastest shower ever.  But I am happy to say our diaper buying days are pretty much over.  Hmmm.... what to do with that extra 40E a month????

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home