The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

August 28, 2013

My Birthday Present arrived!

As I get older, I keep asking for things that I need.  Nothing really fun.  Well, I have called a new washer and dryer fun before!  So this birthday was no different.  I wanted a treadmill.  I have had an elliptical before and my body didn't like it.  I could go join a gym, but a year is the same price as a treadmill.  And then I can only go when Thess is working.  Which, of course, are the days of Bootcamp.  I really tried to workout with the Wii.  Maybe if I had a ton of space, but for the most part I can't get my heart rate up enough.  Driving down to the water to walk just is never motivating enough and forget about trying to walking from the house.  I'd never make it home without a cab ride!  So I told Joel I want a treadmill with this, this and this.

Well, he came thru. It arrived yesterday and I had to wait ALL DAY for them to set it up!






  Of course since it's Turkey,  this, this and this weren't available.  But I got a really nice one that I can hook my iPad, iPod, or iPhone too.  Funny thing is my iPad is too old.  I found a great app on my iPhone that is interval training.  Love it so far, but the app is in mph and the treadmill is in kph.  I tried to change the app but she is still telling me mph.  So I have the iPad to do conversions.  LOL.  Figure I need to make myself a note of the conversion to stick on it.

Last night, I put both kids to bed at 7:30pm and then hopped on the treadmill.  30 minutes went by so fast.  Again, this morning, as soon as Milly went down for her nap, another 30 minutes.  My goal is to do 30 minutes everyday until I'm running 5K.

I even thought about getting the dogs on it.  I think Kus would love it.  Milly sure seems too!




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home