The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

March 19, 2013

An even smaller world

I have been chatting with a couple of Americans from the Midwest for a few weeks. We kind of found each other on an Istanbul Moms Facebook group. This past Sunday some of us finally got to have a Mom's night out.

 One of the Mom's got stuck at home with a sick hubby and kids. I knew her husband worked at Ford. Its been kind of sad that the Ford ISE network is, well, nonexistent. The only way I hear of people coming or going is thru Joel or our driver. I know when I arrived it was nice that another family was stuck at the Hilton too. And just nice to be able to discuss the struggles.

 Well turns out that one of the mom's I went out with on Sunday, we were on Launch together in Louisville!! What a small world. Joel, myself and her were all on the 2002 Explorer launch together. Not that any of us can remember each other since it was over 10 years ago (GASP). But how funny!! 

So we have decided that we are going to take on the effort of an ISE network. Start having events and hopefully give future ISE's a support system when they arrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home