The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

August 19, 2011

Minus 1

Joel left for Seattle early Wednesday morning.  One of his college BFFs is getting married this weekend.  We had been planning since last year that Joel and I would go and make it a no kid trip.  I have always wanted to go to Seattle.    I have been everywhere in the US but the Pacific NW.   So I am highly bummed that I didn’t get to go.  But it just isn’t financially smart to fly us all back to the States.  Plus, there’s a little trip to Munich this fall I want to go on…..  So here I am with the kiddos for 6 days.  I am already sick of hotel life.  And I am still a bit uncomfortable venturing too far outside the hotel.  Especially, when I am getting travel alerts from the American Embassy.  They like their political bombings here.  And Taksim Square is only a few blocks away.  The playground is about as far as I will go.  Plus it’s hard enough with the two of us keeping up with three kiddos, let alone me in a city of over 20 million!  Do you realize I just moved from a town of 25 THOUSAND! 

So here we are, Friday evening and rying to decide what to do for dinner.  Getting burned out of the Room Service Menu, the Lobby Bar Menu, and Chinese is out.  The Lebanese restaurant is a little too fancy for the kids.  Being Friday, the Veranda Restaurant and the Bosphorus Terrace are sure to be packed.  If Joel was here, we would just wonder around until we found  a place to eat.  UGH.  Only three more days….but I don’t think I am going to want to eat at this hotel again!  Thankfully, once Joel gets back, we will be busy!   Going on Tuesday to get our residence permit!  Which means a lot more things can get done!  Cell phones for everyone, we can get our sea shipment when it arrives, and the best part…. move into our apartment!  Thursday is the girls New Student Open house.  And then Saturday we leave for our week at the beach!  The best part about that trip…. cooking for ourselves! 

Maybe I will just order everyone dessert for dinner and we’ll watch Netflix until bedtime.  Make it an early bedtime and then we can get up early and beat the crowd to the pool!  Only three more days!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home