The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

August 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to my baby girl!

I can NOT believe that my little bitty baby girl is 7 years old today!  Where has the time gone?  Is definitely making me feel a tad old today.  And it doesn’t help that my birthday is three days later.  Double whammy!    But I couldn’t be happier to be her Mom.  She is beautiful, loving, and smart.  And I’m not just saying that because I’m her mom.  I have tests and acceptance into the gifted program to prove it!  LOL

This is the first year there is not a huge party surround by friends.  There aren’t a bunch of crazy gifts (the girl already got a car Smile).  But I am hoping that this year she is getting the greatest gift of all.  Celebrating in Istanbul.  I am hoping during the next three year she will suck in all the amazing things that she will be surrounded by daily.  Most kids in the US will never leave the country, let alone the state they live in.  I know she really has no idea how big of a deal this is.  But I think one day she will be grateful for all the things she will see and learn.

I wish I had a pic of Jocy when she was a baby, but my external hard drive is with the air shipment.

So here is recent pic of my 7 year old!  I’m getting all teary eyed just typing it!DSC00272

And she finally lost some top teeth!  One in the hotel in Liberty and one here in Istanbul.  And yes…. the Tooth Fairy leaves Turkish Lira!  But she did adjust to 2 TL to at equal $1 USD.  She’s just going to have to hold out for a better exchange rate and maybe make a $1.25! 

Happy 7th Birthday   Jo Jo!!!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home