The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

May 4, 2011

The Country.... not the food

So when I started this blog, I was discussing name options with my SIL.  When I told her I was going with this name, she asked what happens if I move?  My answer.... I will always live in a blue house if possible.  So now that time has come that we are leaving our blue house.  I am a bit sad because it is a beautiful house and someone is going to get a killer deal on it.  But we outgrew this house the moment Nate was born.  Maybe if I had better organizational skills or our kids weren't spoiled, we could comfortably live here.  But the battles with the girls sharing a room is getting too much and the playroom continues to spill all over the first floor.  As I look down on the floor of my office... there is yet another barbie.  

It is official that we are moving to Istanbul, Turkey very soon.  The only people that read this already know.  But my ability to blog has been so lacking.  But that is soon to change!!  This will become my forum to keep everyone informed of all our amazing adventures.  Now rumor has it that Blogger is not easily accessed over there.  So the platform might have to change.  But the name will remain.  Even tho, my house may not be blue, the amount of blue on the inside will more than makeup for it.  I was hoping to start writing regularly on our house hunting trip but my new laptop will not arrive on time. :(   I told Joel we needed something to take with  us when we traveled the world!  Lol.  You know you want to video chat with me when we are in the Greek Isles this fall!  Or London, Cologne, and who knows where else!  And we are also getting a new desktop.  So no more excuses!

So back to this Turkey thing....  We were actually trying to go to China!  Joel had heard last summer that Ford was wanting to move people over to help set up a bunch of new plants.  After lots of research and discussions with other families here, we all decided we should go.  About 5/6 families that we are friends with.  How fun would that be!  So we waited and waited and waited.  Finally, they started posting jobs.  It wasn't until Jan. that a job came up that Joel could apply for.  It was a long and frustrating week, because at a plant you have to get approval from your management to apply.  With is BS, but whatever.  So the last day the job was open, Joel got the OK to apply. Yay.  But then they extended, then reposted.  Joel called and emailed every single person that he thought could help.  He was so fed up with his current job and was recently told that he wasn't qualified for a promotion.  Um... yeah.  My beliefs were confirmed.  As long as Joel was producing great launches the PM was NOT going to let him go. 

Then one Feb. morning at 5ish in the morning, Joel wakes me up and says you have got to hear this email.  His former Director Marsha, who is Exec. Director now, had sent Joel an email saying to call her as soon as possible that she had a job opportunity for him.  ooooo..... China???  At this point, still nothing on the job he applied for.  Finally at 8am, Joel calls.  They are offering him a job back in New Models to be an International Launch Manager for the Transit.  Which means.... England, Germany, Turkey and possible Romania! Holy cow!  Of course, Joel was level headed but I am yelling TAKE IT!  

Its been a long few months, which include incompetent people, a counter job offer (that one he wasn't qualified for) and a whole bunch of other mess.  And did I mention, his resume was forwarded on to Manufacturing for the China gig?  Lol.  I guess all of Joel's hardwork has paid off.  We are leaving for Istanbul in 2 days.  How insane!  But I am so proud of my hubby!  I know he rocks but its nice when work finally appreciates him.  I didn't even know they could just give a job to someone without interviews and stuff.  Woo Hoo!
I hear a certain little girl roaming her room.  So I must sign off.  Life in the Blue House just got a WHOLE lot more Crazy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home