The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

March 30, 2015

Spring has sprung

Well it is officially spring here in Valencia.  Today the high is 85!  We recently had 10 days of rain.  Which unfortunately during Fallas.  Rachelle and I did manage to make it one day and will post pics later.  We also got a second round of the stomach flu.  Sigh.

We are still waiting to see where we are going next.  If we are going.  Sigh.  I am trying to be calm about.  I really would rather stay but it is not an option.  I've pretty much got in my mind that we are going back to the US.  I'm not ready for that.  My anxiety is going a bit crazy because of all of this.  Four months is all we have left before we have to pack up again.  I really need to start getting rid of things.  We don't need all the lights from Istanbul. And if we are going back to the US, I have a TON of 220 stuff to get rid of.  I told Joel this weekend, we are going to clean out the garage.  I have everything unpacked and there is a lot of garage that just needs to be hauled to the dumpster.  The rental company still hasn't come pick up their stuff.  ACK!

We FINALLY are legal residents of Spain!  We picked up our ID cards on Friday.  I swear these relo people have really FAILED at their jobs.  But its done.  I doubt we will have everything taken care before we leave.  My friend Roz said she just doesn't feel settled here.  I'm with her.  I love it here but I'm not a fan of relying on incompetent people just to get some things fixed.  My dishwasher broke a week ago and they still haven't scheduled a repairman in.  Sigh.

My parents and brother are arriving on Sunday. Then we are going to do some traveling.  We are taking the train to Barcelona and Madrid.  I have been to both, so I'm hoping I can be a good tour guide.  Joel has to work.  Sigh.  Maybe I can convince him to take a weekend away while we have babysitters!

And the best news.... I got a nanny for the summer!   She is a UofL student and an alumni from my alumna mater.  She will be here May thru July.  Yeah!  I get a break!  Milly is full on into the terrible twos.  Man, that girl can throw a tantrum.  It makes me feel like a shitty mom.  I think there just has been so much and so many changes, she is trying to figure it all out.  Plus, her sleep schedule has been out of whack.  I'm not liking these 7am weekend wakeups.

Well I have a million things that I'm procrastinating from doing.  I better get my but in gear or I will have no clean clothes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home