The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

February 22, 2014

Friends

Last weekend, my suite mate from Brenau came for a visit. Her and her family are now living in Germany and we have been trying to plan a get together. I haven't seen Jill since her first wedding. It was before Joel and I were married. In fact, I caught the bouquet!

Jill and I not only lived together, but we were also dance majors together. We were such great friends. We have so many amazing memories together. Partying at UGA, South Beach, roadtrip to Louisville, she was my sister. But we both went different directions (literally). And since this was before unlimited texting and Facebook, we did a pretty lousy job keeping in touch. But once we both joined FB, we reconnected again.

So that's Jill and I on the left. Liz, in red, was our other partner in crime. We went to high school together too. Anyways, I was so excited when she sent me her Itinery. She was really coming to visit! She has a new husband and two adorable little ones I was looking forward to meeting them. But you have to think, how are things going to be after so many years?

I guess sometimes you just makes friends that will be life long friends and no matter how many years pass, that friendship never changes. And that is how it is with Jill. It was like we never skipped a beat. She is the same girl from Brenau, but with less of a Southern accent and much more experience under her belt. I can truly say it has been a long time since I had that much fun. And it is so funny to see how our adult lives are so similar. LOVE her husband, Jim. And her kids were so cute! And my kids had so much fun with them.

 

It was a whirlwind weekend, as we tried to get in so many sites in. And we were able to give them a break from their kids. Being expats, you don't have the help from family to depend on. We have been so lucky here to have friends to watch the kids. And have the resources to hire help. Four days of feeling 18 again was just what I needed. I will make sure it's not another 12 years before we do it again. I have always wanted to see Germany in the fall...

Jill and I (with Milly) at the Blue Mosque

 

 

With our husbands enjoying some wine and Turkish music with our Jeweler.

 

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home