The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

January 16, 2014

Act stupid.....

Things just keep getting better in my house. First it was lice. Having to deal with it while I was supposed to be teaching ballet to one of my Girl Scout troops. Thankfully, it was just Jocy that had it but had to treat everyone. Did mKe the meeting but I couldn't walk after that class! Wow out of shape!

Took Milly in for her follow up yesterday. Things are better but not great. There was talk of tubes. But we go back in again Monday after she finishes her antibiotics.

While we were there, figured I would get my wrist and foot looked at. My foot has been bothering me awhile. I took some time off running and it got better but then I kept kicking hard things. I was sure it was broke . Then Christmas Eve, I decided I was still in my 20s and decided to hang from the rafters. DUMBEST idea ever. I blame the box of wine and how much fun I have with my family. But I fell hard. And all I could think was "act stupid, get hurt". So very true. The next morning it HURT. But my brother had just spent the day in a German hospital and I decided to wait until we got home. It was just sore. But then everything happened with Milly and it got put off. Wednesday morning everything hurt. So I was sure everything was broken. After meeting the ortho and a quick trip to X-ray, nothing is broken! Just some damaged and irritated tendons. And I am stuck in a wrist and ankle brace. I feel OLD. But the pain is much better. Three weeks before my next checkup. Killing my fitness plan. And 6 days in a hospital equals 5 lbs.

Rough start to the year. But, got a bit of a surprise.... I know what country we are moving to next! But that is all I am going to say until the formal offer is signed.

My reality for the next three weeks.... Sigh

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home