The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

January 20, 2014

London Cup 2013

Here I am playing catch up again! Shocker!

Well, Jocy, Elly and I went to London end of November.  Galaxy was competing in the Rhythmic Gymnastics London Cup.  Since, we have not made it to England yet, I decided to go a day early and get some sightseeing it.  It was a whirlwind trip.

We flew really early on Nov. 21.  I thought we could get some sights in and I bought tickets to see Wicked. I was so excited to share my love of Musical Theater with the girls.  And I've wanted to see Wicked for years!  It was fabulous.


We had dinner at a place called Giraffe.  I read it was a kid friendly restaurant.  It did have a kids Menu but nothing else was kid friendly.  It was a cool place, great drinks and the food was really good.  I would go back.  But don't be fooled - NOT a Kids restaurant.

The hotel I booked for the night was call St. Ermin's.  It used to be a Monastery.  It was gorgeous.  Wonderful service and very nice rooms.

The next day we set out to see as many sights as possible.  We started off the day with Starbucks since it was the first place we saw.  The Egg Nog latte was to die for and the Sausage and Bacon Sandwich... Heaven!



We stopped at Buckingham Place.  Saw the beginning of the Changing of the Guard.  Didn't have time to see the whole thing.

Walked thru Green Park.  Met two nice men from Nepal and the girls played in the leaves.

Made a stop at Hamley's for a little shopping




Saw Big Ben!

We spent 6 hours walking the city. Then we had to hop the Tube to Stratford.  The competition was right next to the Olympic Park.  Pretty neat to see it.  Makes the 3rd Olympic Park we have seen!

The competition was pretty fierce.  The Russians took it all.   But pretty sure they cheated.  Not only was it divided by age but also by the number of hours you practiced.  So those that only did one day a week didn't compete against the 5 day a week girls.  But I can say the girls that competed against ours weren't three days a week.  Unless they came out of the womb and started gymnastics.  But I was really proud of Galaxy.  They did fabulous.




I was so proud of Elly.  She placed 3rd!!!



I love this picture of Jocy!

Even though she didn't place, I thought she did wonderful.  It was her first individual competition.  Her others have been with her team. Both our teams placed.  Jocy's got 2nd!  

It was a busy and quick trip.  I loved London and looking forward to going back.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home