The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

January 3, 2013

New Year

I can't believe it is already 2013! I just seems like yesterday we were waiting for the anticipated 2000! Of course, its been another busy year for us. Especially with Milly's arrival.

 The holiday season FLEW by. Last I remember it was Thanksgiving! Nate had his first Christmas Program. That boy is just so darn cute! I figured he would just get up on stage and stand there. That is what the preschoolers did last year. But nope. Nate and his classmates did a wonderful job. As in tradition, my kid stood behind someone else and I could barely see him. But I got a bit of video and some pics. DSC02024 DSC02030

We woke up to a pool in our powder room. Turns out a elbow came unsealed and had been leaking water for who knows how long.

  IMG 0898

Jocy's class was asked to performing in the school wide Christmas program. I took the other three to see it. Almost all of the programs I have been to at school were under 30 minutes, so I thought I could handle it. UM NO! It was flipping 2 hours!! And of course Milly needed to eat. We didn't get home til about 6:30pm. Needless to say, we had Burger King delivered that night. No pics but I will post a video soon.

 Then all the socially occasions kept Joel and I busy every weekend. First we had the Ford Otosan Management End of Year party. Not as fancy as last year and not as fun. The following weekend was the Department party. Now that was a good time and I had a little too much fun. I was completely SHOCKED when the shot trays were passed. Guess that no drinking rule in the Islamic religion is on the way out like Catholics and birth control. I barely could get out of bed the next day.

 The next weekend was a real Christmas party. Well a British one but still! We got to spend a wonderful evening with friends and did Secret Santa. Funny enough, Joel and I both got gifts from our good friends Leslie and Volkan and they got one of ours! I have to say that the BEST thing about having a driver is not having to worry about driving home. There is a serious NO tolerance against drunk drivers here.

 Elly missed her Christmas program because she got sick. First time EVER that Elly was home more than a day. She was so upset. She probably wasn't ready but went to school for the Winter Bazaar. That in itself is a totally different blog post.

 We left for Barcelona on the 22nd and had a wonderful time. Over the next week, I will post about it. Barcelona is definitely a must visit city! I could really have used another week.

 Ahh… nap time is over and so is this post! Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home