The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

June 22, 2012

I have a Nanny

Well, we now have a part time Nanny/maid. She is coming in three days a week. And its just for the summer until the kids go back to school. But still, I'm pretty excited! I can spend all my time with the kids this summer instead of cleaning the house. But if I want to have me time, I can! I have a feeling I'm going to be so miserable that I will just park my butt in the pool all summer… but I now can without any guilt! Ok that is not totally true. Having a Nanny (and mostly live ins) is normal here.  We don't have the room for a live in but I just don't know how comfortable I could really be about it. The girl that is now working for us (that sounds so strange), we have known for 7 months and I trust her. So that might be different. But I like my privacy! Anyways, I've always been a hands on Mom and I just can't imagine why I'd want someone to take care of my kids since I don't work. People have given me all kinds of reasons, but they aren't really me.

 Now the idea of someone else cleaning my house, that excites me! I hate to clean. And with three kids. 2 dogs, 1 cat and a husband who doesn't care where his shoes end up, my house falls apart fast. And now that it is getting hard for me to just bend down, I am so looking forward to NOT cleaning another bathroom for a few months!

 I'm still kind of shocked that we finally got here. It took a while to get used to our driver. And I'm still a bit uncomfortable about it because he is a great person and we'd definitely be friends if we were his employers. She officially starts next week, which is great timing since we have Elly's birthday bash to throw. I just hope that I don't get used to this! Maybe I can just make it a summer thing. But Joel has agreed that I can hire someone to clean after our summer is over. Yea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home