The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

June 5, 2012

And she's off

Jocy left early this morning for her first school overnight trip. I've been going a little crazy about it since that first letter came home. I didn't go on an overnight until 8th grade! I know being in another country is making it worse for me. People drive like crazy people here. She's on a bus without her carseat and crossing the bridge!! I know these teachers have had lots of practice but it still doesn't calm me. I know she'll have a great time and is so happy to be roommates with a friend. She is a smart kid and I just pray she stays that way!

 And this is just the start of it. Next year is a three day ski trip and the following year is a week at Space Camp. Did I mention, parents aren't asked to chaperone? I've come to realize that traveling like this with school is just a common practice here. And I love that she is getting the experiences. I hear from friends that their daughters are off in Russia or Hungary for gymnastics or off to Prague for debate team. Amazing stuff like that. And once you get to Secondary, you do get the opportunity to travel Europe quite a bit. We will be home by then, but its so different than home! I'm just going to have to get used to the whole idea. Because next thing I will know, it will be Elly's turn.

 Next new topic to discuss….. co-ed slumber parties in Year 3 (2nd grade). Yikes! I guess I will try that saying…. when in Rome, do as the Romans. So I will cross my fingers and shut my eyes and try to do as the other expats?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home