The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

March 27, 2012

4 days and counting....

Things have been a bit crazy around here lately.  Hence, lack of posts.  I've gotten so behind on things in the last few weeks.  I'll get into all the fun reasons in a later post, but I have spent the last week trying to get caught up.  The weather has finally turned warm.  So why mop floors when I can be outside in the warm sun?  Oh how I have missed you.  I'm so tired of being cold.  And its not quite warm enough yet, the wind still has a little nip.  Today is the coolest day we have had in a week.  Not even hitting 50 degrees today.  But that is OK.  In 4 days I will be laying on our patio over looking the Tyrrhenian Sea. The weather the last week has been in the upper 60s and 70s.  Ooo.... that sounds so wonderful.

But of course in preparation for the big vaca, all the summer clothes needed to be pulled out of storage.  I still need to hit the mall for a few things.  And that doesn't count all the things we have had going on the past few weeks.

Two weeks ago, the US Transit Team was in Turkey to get their first glance at how a Transit is built.  This group included a few of our friends from Kansas City.  Unfortunately, we didn't get to see them the one day they were in Istanbul before they headed to the plant.  But, they ended up extending their stay and we got to spend a day of sightseeing with them.  One of the guys flew his wife in for a long weekend.  It was so great seeing familiar faces.  The couple and another guy we have known since we first moved to KC.  We've shared so many birthdays and other events together.  It was so nice to get that little reminder of home.







This past weekend was no less busy.  Saturday morning was spent at gymnastics for the girls.  Then lunch, shopping and then Elly had her first friend bday party here.  Luckily, it was in Istinye so I didn't think it would be too long.  Yea right.  The party ended an hour and half late!  LOL.  But Elly had a fabulous time! That's all that matters.  Sunday was going to be a LONG day.  Everyone was in need of haircuts.  Except Joel.  I was in desperate need.  My gray was showing horribly.  Plus I thought it was time for something different.  Something summery.  So 5 hours later, we emerged from the salon. 


 Then had to rush home to get ready for Jocy's first gymnastics show.  The beginning was a competition but Jocy's group was only doing the show since its their first time.  Their coach really wanted them to see what it was all about.  I think they will start competing at the end of the year.  Yikes!  That makes me nervous.  Jocy has really improved but some of those girls are AMAZING!  You can tell the ones that have been doing it for years.  There were two little girls, they looked Elly's age, and they totally rocked it!  I'm just happy that Jocy got up there and performed in front of all those people and took in all our her corrections.    















This week has be spent doing laundry, packing, started spring cleaning, and parent teacher conference.    One more day of gymnastics for Jocy too.  Friday is the school's Easter Egg Hunt and a 1/2 day.  Plus still figuring out the plan with our doggie sitter.  So much to do. With that said,  I need to end this post!  We will not have internet during our time in Italy, so you'll just have to wait until I get home!  LOL.  Not that I don't have a ton of stuff to still post from the last last few weeks.

Ciao! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home