The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

February 2, 2012

Unexpected Winter Break

Today, the girls went back to school.  4 days off with a weekend in the middle.  Truthfully, I was surprised they went back today.  It snow again last night.  Just a few inches, but I guess the city got it under control and the road are looking good.  When Joel went to work earlier this week, he couldn’t actually make it to work because the roads hadn’t been touched.  He spent the day at one of the supplier locations right outside of Istanbul.  I love those days because he’s actually home for dinner!!

It was really nice having all three kids home.  I know they are home every weekend but we always have so much to do.  This week, there was no place to be!  We made Valentine decorations, snuggled and watched movies.  They played in the snow and we drank hot chocolate.  It was the calmest and happiest week we have had in awhile.  Very little fighting and only two trips to timeout.   Even got the girls to join me for Pilates!  They aren’t too bad. LOL. 

I was actually kind of sad to put them on the bus this morning.  Even though, I was exhausted by the end of the day, it was a pretty great week.  It’s hard to believe that my little baby girl has turned into such an amazing young girl.  And it feels like just yesterday that we moved to Liberty and Elly was born.  Now she rules her school.    They really do grow up way too fast!  Probably why I baby the heck out of Nate!  LOL. 

Today, I must get back to reality.  Groceries must be bought, the house must be cleaned and laundry needs to get done.  And can’t forget that trains and cars need to be played with!

I have really enjoyed the snow.  It’s been beautiful and I have loved the time to spend with my kiddos.  I know that in the not too distant future, they are going to  be too busy to hang with their mom.  So I will continue to wish for snow days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home