The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

January 27, 2012

Snow Day!

Truthfully, I never thought I'd see a snow day living in Istanbul.  It has been pretty warm so far this winter. There was one day when Jocy was sick that it started snowing after lunch.  It came pretty fast and Elly didn't get home until 3 hours after school got out.

So when I was woken this morning by the phone, I was pretty annoyed.  Last night I seen a little bit of snow falling but nothing big.  I had thought a snow day would be great!  Haven't got to be all snuggling will all three of my kids during the week in awhile.  Sure enough it was Joel calling to say he got an email that school was closed.  I really thought that they were just being on the safe side.  There were a LOT of pissed parents about the last snow.  But I was very surprised by what I saw thru the windows of the playroom.  Just a couple inches of snow but it was the big fluffy kind. So pretty.  So I left the kids alone and snuck upstair for some quiet time and a cup of coffee.


When Elly woke up this morning, she was freaking out that she missed the bus and why wasn't she at school! LOL.  I told her to look outside.  Everyone was very excited for snow!  

After lunch, they finally convinced me to go outside and play.  So on went the snowsuits and snow boots and out the door they went .


Elly didn't make it too long.  Of all the snow stuff that we do have, gloves are not it.  I have one glove from Jocy's and one from Elly's pair.  Nate was the only one who had both gloves make it to Turkey!  LOL.

Nate and Jocy stayed outside for awhile longer.  They even made an attempt at a snowman.  

Finally, I convinced them to go inside for some Hot Chocolate and to watch Cars 2.  From the looks of the last weather report, we may have a few more of these days next week.  I love snow days!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home