The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

February 20, 2012

Quiet

Right now is the first time in 7 days that my house has been this quiet.  And while I love the sounds of my kids playing, giggling, and just being kids,  I greatly enjoy a bit of silence.   I used to not be that way.  It wasn't until I officially moved out of my parents house.  And even the first few months, if I was home alone, the TV was on or the radio.  But the long crazy hours we worked and the constant interaction made me slowly need my quiet time.  I came to enjoy coming home, plopping on my bed and laying there in silence.  Finally, I got to where I loved it.  Sitting there de-stressing to nothing by the sound of my fan.  Even to this day, a fan can relax me.  It drives Joel nuts and I used to freeze him out in the middle of winter, but I loved it.

Last week, the girls had 3 days of winter break and for some reason, Nate thought it was a good idea to get up a 7am with the girls on Monday and Tuesday.  So no break time for mommy.  And its not like I can call up my girls and say I need a MNO.  There is no free bowling and no inexpensive drinks from Applebees.  Instead, my 30 minutes between the bus and when Nate wakes up has become my MNO.  Add in my two days of Pilate's and it equals one MNO.   I do hope that one day, I can find a good group of ladies in Istinye to hang out with.  But for now, this will do.  And my middle of the night phone calls to Jenny.   LOL.   

Now for winter to finally go away, so I can enjoy this time out of our patio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home