The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

November 9, 2015

My favorite expat first trip.....

Not really.  We almost got to make our first trip to the ER this past Friday.

Jocy stayed at school late for a Halloween party, so the little three and I were having a chill evening.  I made chili for dinner and we were going to hang out and watch a movie.  Well after dinner, they all ran for their iPads.  I said, I thought it was movie night?  Nah... then they went brain dead.  I wasn't having any of it. So I took them all away and said play together!  Well I guess that wasn't my best decision...

It didn't take long before they were running and rough housing.  I told them to stop it or someone was going to get hurt.  I immediately walked into the kitchen to get some more water, when I heard the crying.  Nate always does the I'm dying cry, no matter how little he hurts himself.  It drives me nuts!  But before I walked out of the kitchen, the silent cry started.  That means trouble.  As I ran around the corner, I hear Elly say, Mom!  Nate is bleeding.  This starts MORE screaming.  Elly had a paper towel and handed it to me.  When Nate took his hand down, blood went everywhere.  Crap.  He soaked thru the paper towel in no time.  So I'm yelling at Elly directions, the dogs are going nuts, and my phone starts going crazy.  Joel was on his way home from Harbin.  He was messaging he was at the train station.  Then he was in the van.  I finally get Nate a bit calm and grab the phone.  I had like 10 messages from Joel.  I call and he starts giving me shit about not responding.  UGH. Men.  I explain the situation and tell him to tell our driver to MOVE IT.  Driving fast is not Mr. John's strong suit.  I appreciate how careful he drives in our crazy city, but sometimes, you gotta move it!

Then, Nate started freaking out again.  I told Joel I had to go.  As I turn around, I see Cekic, licking up the blood.  So I get Elly to stand guard and keep the dog away.  I try to calm down but he is freaking out that blood is in his mouth.  Great, did he bust teeth too.  At this point, I still have no idea what the heck happened.  Elly mentioned something about falling by the back door.  Maybe hitting the windowsill...which is granite!  I finally calm Nate down and tell him its OK to swallow blood.  He isn't going to die.  I get him to lay down on the couch.  I finally remove the paper towel to inspect the damage.  Oooo.... it kind of looks broken. Hmm... maybe not?  Just swollen?  I check all his teeth and all looks good.  OK... maybe not hospital after all.  I tell him to hang out for a minute so I can clean all the blood up.  It was all over the living room.  Why can't that kid stand still?  I finally ask him what happened.  He said he just fell... on his face.  What is it will this kid falling flat on his face.  I asked him why he didn't put his hands down to catch himself.  I don't know, was his reply.  Sigh

Right about the time I went to get him ice, well a bag of tater tots, Joel got home.  Well well, Mr. John does know where the gas pedal is!  By then, Nate was calm and hanging out.  The bleeding had stopped too.  Joel did the concussion check.  He seemed fine.  We were a bit worrying when he fell asleep pretty quickly, but it was a long week.

By the next day, he was feeling fine.  As of today, he still has bruises and a bit of a black eye.  Never a calm moment in our house.


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger KYGrandma said...

Poor Nate. Poor Mommy! Give him a kiss from Grandma.

November 10, 2015 at 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home