The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

January 23, 2015

Trying to find a balance

The last two weeks have been a struggle for me.  This week much more.  Joel is back in full launch mode.  He didn't get home until 10pm last night.  He joked that if they asked him to work on Sunday, he was going to tell them he has spent more time with the VPs than his kids.  I'm very happy about that.  We are planning to have people over for dinner.  Our first entertaining with our stuff.  So hopefully it is easier.

I have had a heck of a time getting out of bed.  The beginning of the week I was just exhausted all the time.  I somehow managed a full night of sleep too.  I can't remember the last time I slept like that.  A few years ago?   My body is constantly aching and I'm freezing cold.  The only time I am warm is when I'm on my walks.  Then I'm sweating like it's 90 out.  And everyone here thinks it is freezing and wearing heavy winter coats.  I had to laugh the other day when one of the school ladies made the comment of it being cold.  It was 50 degrees F.  I told her that the last place we lived in the States it was currently -30 Celsius.  She stared at me like head fell off.  She said no wonder your kids are always complaining they are hot.  So I don't get reprimanded when my kids are wearing short sleeves or no winter coat.

I keep trying to push myself to get this house finally organized.  I'm so close.  All the Christmas stuff is packed up and I'm so close to looking OK.  We still need to hang a few pictures and come up with a plan for the TV.  The owners don't want us to hang it if we are leaving in August.  I don't blame them.  But no being settle does not help my anxiety at all.

I just have to say I am an all out mess and not sure how to fix it.  I'm sure once the weather warms back up, I will start feeling better.  I felt great all summer long.  And I have got to find a knowledge massage therapist.  My goal for next week!  Now it is time to put little bit in bed and jump on the treadmill!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home