The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

July 26, 2012

The Parvo Rug

Joel had mentioned recently that our "neighbors" across the street have been taking at least half of what we put in the dumpster. Why would anyone want our trash? And I couldn't think of anything that was worth taking. I was shocked when one of the security guards took some of the nasty discolored cloth diapers that I tossed out the other day. But I guess when you don't have much money, you learn to make due. The difference in social status here is HUGE. There is really no middle class. You are rich or your are poor. Definitely makes us feel a little out of place but then we can opt out and just be part of the expat class.

 So last night, as I was loading the dishwasher, I saw something I had recently tossed hanging from the balcony across the street…. the Parvo Rug.

 When we lived in MO, I had bought two rugs from Target. I LOVED them. 11946991 138x138 I had a runner for the back door and a mat at the kitchen sink. It match my house perfectly. And did a great job keeping the dogs from dragging dirty in. They were wool tho and not easy to clean. So when we moved into our new apartment, the mat went back to the kitchen sink and the runner was about as long as our sliding door. Since we didn't have dogs at the time, it worked.

 Then came the dogs. çekiç our little boy dog started acting funny about a week after we got him. He got sick pretty quickly. And chose my FAVORITE rug to get sick on. After two days, the smell was horrific no matter how much I cleaned it. So it went into a bag and tossed into the spare room. The next day we found out the he had Parvo. He stayed at the Vet for a week but the following week, we decided to bring him home and take him back daily for his meds. He was banished to the guest room to prevent kuş from also getting it. The medicinal smell that came off çekiç was almost as bad and clung to EVERYTHING is that room. Once he was better it took two good scrub downs with Bleach to get rid of the smell. Because I loved that rug… I tried one more time to scrub it down. But the smell…… I just couldn't get rid of it. Since we bought our two Turkish rugs this spring, we didn't really need it anymore. And if I couldn't get the smell (and some stains) out, it was just gross. So I finally tossed it a few days ago. Then last night, I saw the Pravo rug hanging for the balcony. EWW. I feel like I need to tell them that a dog with Parvo shit on it for days!!! Well I hope they enjoy the rug!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home