The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

December 14, 2011

Yumminess

There are many tasty things to eat in Istanbul, but nothing tops the bread. We live down the street from this wonderful little bakery. Everything is fresh daily AND cooked in a wood burning oven! I love that I can smell it from my kitchen window. Every Saturday, Joel and Jocy walk down and pick up a couple loaves of bread. It's there thing to do together. 1TL a loaf! Twice a month, Jocy gets to pick out a special pastry for them. I love these little rolls that have a Feta type cheese melted in the middle and sesame seeds on the outside. YUM! Those loaves rarely last us thru the weekend. We are up to 2 or 3 trips a week. I am official spoiled. I will never be able to buy bread from the grocery in plastic wrap. Sorry Rainbow and Sara Lee..... I'm a bakery kind of gal now. DSC01140

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home