The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

December 13, 2011

Behind the times

Yesterday we bought the first new TV  we have bought in 8 years.  Yes that’s right 8 YEARS!  I can’t believe it has been that long.  We have been without a proper TV for almost two months.  The iMac was doing a pretty good job as a stand in.  Not bad for 27 inches.  But I really wanted to get my office set up and a few projects I wanted to use it for.  It’s not much fun to sit on a little Barbie stool trying to do work on the iMac that is on an end table. 

Last night Joel surprised me with a new Samsung TV and Sony surround sound.  I was impressed that he controlled himself.  He gets a little crazy with stereo equipment.  Hence, the Klipcsh Speakers that are now being stored at my parents house.  I knew the TV would not be over the top HUGE because we only had 120 cm for it to fit.  I have now converted measuring everything in cm.  So that is what you will get out of me. Smile Joel did a great job and staying within budget and still got some pretty fabulous stuff.  Last night we were dying to try it out.  But one of the things here is that the company has to install it or you won’t get their warranty.  Which worked out great.  They were in and out in about 15 minutes.  Hooked everything up, gave me the easy tutorial.  And now the kids are watching their Blueray Shrek 4 movie.  Jocy is dying to watch Coraline in 3D.  I didn’t want a 3D TV but what I did want was on this TV and the price was right. 

I really don’t think I will be able to watch my Toshiba flat screen again! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home