The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

December 22, 2011

My blue house

When I started dabbling in the blog world, it was more because my family website was overloaded with pics and I really didn't want to pay for it.  I was tired of sending mass emails with the kids pictures and I was tired of removing and uploading pics onto the website.  It was also before Myspace and Facebook.  Even after I joined, it took a bit for the Grandmas to catch one.  So it was either try something new or face the wrath of the grandparents.

Once everyone was on FB, I kind of stopped posting.  Then when my laptop died, I gave up completely.  Our 8 year desktop could barely check email!  Then something crazy happened, and we moved to Istanbul.  Do you think the grandparents are going to let us move to the other side of the world without constant updates?  I still use FB to post most pics.  It's just easier.  I can upload straight from iPhoto.  Plus I haven't found anything I love as much as Live Writer to blog on my iMac. I was using Live Writer on my laptop and loved it.  Now I just need to work on my network and maybe I can blog from there again.  But its currently acting as our cable box.   I really have no idea where these professional  or hobby bloggers find the time!  Especially the DIY ones.  They must not sleep.  I do have much more time with just having Nate at home, but I still find myself very busy.  Between the house, laundry, and Nate.... my down time is between bed time and when hubby gets home from work.

So with all the rambling being said.....   I can't believe my blog has had over 1000 hits this year!  I know most is friends and family in the US but I've had a lot from Turkey (well duh) and Russia.  Plus the Philippines, Canada, Brazil, the UK, Indonesia, and India!  Also, Germany but I blame my two friends there. :)  I just didn't really expect that many people would be reading about our adventures.  Pretty cool!  I hope that everyone is enjoying keeping up with us because we are definitely enjoy being in Istanbul!  I really don't see how you couldn't!  My father in law has only been here a few days and is sold!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home