The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

August 16, 2011

Istanbul is mutating my kids!

Since arriving in Istanbul, my kiddos are picking up some interesting habits.

Case #1
I would love to included the picture to go with this put I’d probably get put in jail.  Nate has been doing awesome at potty training.  As long as I keep up with him, he’s about 80% in the pot.  He even poo’ed for the first time a few days ago.  yay!  Well, when I walked in my bathroom the other day…. he had gone to full on male mode in the bathroom.   I found him completely naked, straddling the toilet seat, biting his toe nails.  TOE.NAILS!  I was mortified!  Then laughed my ass off and grabbed my camera.  Once I figure out a way to sensor the pic a bit, I will post it.  Because it’s to flippin funny!
Ok… best I can do for now….
natepot

Case #2
Turkish people L.O.V.E kids.  Poor Elly gets petted pretty heavily on a daily bases.  Guessing it’s the blonde hair.  Jocy and Nate get their fair share too.  So, for as much as they LOVE kids, they really don’t accommodate for them.  Kids menus are only seen at McD’s and Burger King.  Thankfully, the Hilton room service does too.  We have been splitting one meal between the 3 of them.  And if you don’t bring your own drinks…. they better get used to drinking freshly squeezed orange juice ALL the time.  The Turkish are very proud of their OJ.  Or they need to be willing to try the other juice available – pomegranate, pineapple and sour cherry.  We did find a winner for Nate the other day… peach juice.  And surprisingly it was really good but talk about the SUGAR.  Anyways… my kids have taken to most of the juice here

DSC00340 (1)
That is Elly’s apple juice in, yes. a Vodka Glass!

Case #3
bidet
The bidet.  We are at the same hotel but different room.  Elly was really interested when we explained it to her.  We really shouldn’t have been surprised when she asked to use it.  The one we have now is a lot easier to use…. making Elly our bidet loving child.  And if Elly’s doing it…. Nate will follow.  The use of wipes has gone down greatly in our house.

Wonder what else my kiddos are going to pick up…….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home