The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

January 15, 2015

I have a Consuela

When we returned to Valencia, I was informed by my cleaning lady that she would no longer be working for me.  She was pregnant!  With Twins!  I was very bummed.  She was so sweet and we communicated pretty well.  Her some English and me in my horrible Spanish.  But she also got my hand gestures very well.  She wasn't Thess but I was happy.  

So this new lady that replaced Sabina..... Wow.  She can clean the whole house in three hours.  It took Sabina 6.  OK, so I like this lady.  But she speaks no English (working on it) and she speaks so fast I'm lucky to get a word out of it.  Thankfully, we have moved on to Google translate.  She is super nice and she loves the kids.  

When my mother in law came for her visit, she asked me what the cleaning lady's name was.  I had NO idea. I'm so horrible!  So Jackie introduced herself and found out her name is Consuela.  I had to giggle because it seemed like a cliche.  Having a maid name Consuela.  LOL.  

But she is doing fantastic.  And today she mentioned, she likes the way the house was.  We are getting much closer to being settled.  I'm hoping to enjoy it for at least six months all finished.  Then she asked me if I like cleaning.  HAHAHAHAHAHA  If I liked cleaning, you wouldn't be here.  But I do have to say that we have been implementing the new rules and the kids are doing much better keeping their rooms clean.  And the mess in the playroom isn't horrible.  Today, she basically said the house was too easy!  Not bad for a HUGE house with 4 kids and 2 dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home