The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

January 14, 2014

Home and Exhausted

Milly finally got released Sunday night.  She was so happy to get the IV removed!  We let her run free on our hall.  Everyone just loved her.  The number of people that came to say goodbye was surprising.  I was told by everyone that Milly was the best patient they have had.  She is a pretty great kid.

I was so ready to get out.  There is no sleeping in a hospital.  Yesterday, I gave myself the day off.  I only felt human for about two hours.  This morning is only slightly better.  But I have a million things to get done.  The Christmas tree is still up.  Sigh.

And because of all the tiredness and stress, I've moved into my "I want to go HOME" moods.  It doesn't help that we are down to 6 months left and have no idea where we are going next.  If another country, no big deal.  But if we are back to Detroit, then I have some research to do.  It will have been 8 years since we have left and a lot has changed.  With the area and with us as a family.  We left with one kid.  Now we have 4!  And I have promised Jocy she gets her own room.  A 5 bedroom is never an easy find.  And do we buy or wait until we are certain we love the area we choose.  And that is the biggest issue.  ACK!  I just need to stop.

So I will try to patiently wait until March before I freak out.  I'm so torn though about leaving.  Somedays, I'm over it and others I love it.  And then there is the biggest downside, our friends.  Both girls have had friends leave.  And they have both made many new friends.  But I think it will be harder this time.  At least Jocy will be able to FaceTime.

Anyways, my house is still quiet so I need to get a few things done.  I have Girl Scouts tonight and need to get planning.  Then when Thess gets in, the tree has to come down.  Maybe this week, I can sleep a day away.  But then again, I need a trip to IKEA for my mini office makeover. :)  Long to do list.

Here's a few pics from our week in Acibadem

Waiting to be admitted

Milly's first IV

a small part of her team

Milly right out of sugery

Starting to wake up

Milly already feeling so much better!

Dad came for a visit

Drain and bandage removed! 

fin


Hanging out with the nurses

After her first shower - passed out for two hours

Day 6 - Get me out of here!

This is what antibiotics look like here.  It's a powder that you add water too.  Think it tastes as gross as it sounds.  Milly HATES it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home