The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

May 21, 2010

I'm difficult...

Whenever I want something, I tend to go overboard on the search.  But I want to get it right the first time.  Over the years, I've learn that cheap is... cheap.  What's the point of buying something cheaper if I just have to replace the next year... or sooner.   If I buy a $100 pan, but lasts for 10 years.... then it's a MUCH better deal. 

So the point of this is..... it has come time to buy a new camera.   It took me months to buy the camera I currently have.  And I was still nervous when I bought.  We have had a lot of Sony stuff over the years and they've been great quality.  But the digital camera I had bought before that lasted a whopping 6 months and was very expensive.  Had a crazy ordeal with HP and finally got most of my money back.   So I'm sure that had to do with my uneasiness.   Jocy had just been born and as a new mom, the last thing you want to worry about is getting film developed; and a MIL yelling for more pictures.  So I bought the Sony on sale because it was last year model.  It work well.  I didn't LOVE it but good pictures.  The software tho is horrible.  Really makes my computer run slow.  I'd probably still keep using it until it died but I dropped it two years ago.  The battery door is broke and has been duct taped shut since them.  But now it's to the point, everytime I'm trying to catch a great pic, the door opens and the camera dies.  It's beyond frustrating!  And it is a little too slow to catch my crazy kiddos.  A friend gave us a Casio right after I dropped the Sony.  I tried to like it.  I really did.  But I find myself reaching for my Sony.  And now that I have misplaced the battery charger.... it's sitting on the shelf in the office. 

 I DESPERATELY need a new camera.  Of course I'd love a Canon DSLR!  Who wouldn't.  I still get out my Ti and take pics of the kids.  But now, I have 14 rolls of undeveloped film.  Unfortuantely, we don't have the spare $$ right now.  So I will keep dreaming....  but Joel did finally give in and say I could get a new Point and Shot Camera.  YAY!  Here's the downfall.  I have a $175 budget and it has to be bought from Amazon.  We have gift cards that need to be used.  We are SO bad about that.  We still have one from our wedding!   I get so frustrated with all the research and whatnot.  The worst part.... I ended up back at a Sony!  It seems like a good camera and was named top 10 of 2010. But of course it's $200.  So I've been trying to convince Joel that if I keep this camera for another 5 years.... it's $40 a year!  We'll see how that goes.   I really don't want to keep looking... so maybe I'll get my FIL  to find me one.  He's always good at that kind of stuff.  And really.... do I have the time to sit around on the computer surfing camera's all day.  My crazy life doesn't allow that.   I'm sitting here eating my lunch and typing.... which is most days.  My free internet time is always during lunch!  Which seems to finally be coming to an end.  I have no idea if anyone will read this but if you have any good suggestions for a camera.  LET ME KNOW!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home