The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

May 19, 2016

Today was a good day....

Milly woke me up at 4am this morning.  Let me tell you the joys of the sun coming up at 4am.  It's either Milly or the dogs telling me it's time to get up.  I was so NOT happy.  I knew it was going to be a crap day.   I had a bunch of errands to do.  I had a 9:10 appointment... so no crawling back in bed.  And little to no chance of a nap.

The kids all got ready with pretty little hassle.  When I walked outside to take the dogs out, it was warm and sunny.  Got the three out the door with very little stress.  Lately, taking Milly to school has been a mess.  But today.... no traffic!  Drop off was super easy!  Hmm.... I think this is going to be a good day.

Today, I finally took my iMac in to get fixed.  Of course that was a bit melodramatic, but I was in a good mood and took it in stride.   When we finally pulled up to Wanda Plaza, we had a heck of a time figuring out where to park.  Our relo lady, Ling, was going to meet me up front to help lug the beast to the Apple Repair store.  While I was waiting for her, I saw this familiar sign.  But it was in Chinese.  Then I saw it....



OMG!!!  That is a Papa Johns!!!  Is it open?  OMG OMG OMG.  I would LOVE a good pizza!  

So I asked Ling if she could translate what the signs said and was it open???   So we decided that after we took care of the computer, we would check it out.

And this is what I discovered.....


It is open!!!

 I told Joel that I would be OK with moving to Chongqing because they had a Papa John's.  Now I guess I have to be a bit happier with Changchun.  Ling and I have a lovely lunch.  She was very impressed with the pizza.  And I order 4 pizzas to go!  Unfortunately, it is on the other side of town. So not super easy to send our driver out.  But the manager said they would delivery to us if we paid the taxi. LOL.  And yes... I was the first American!





The kids were quite happy with their surprise!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

When I was a kid, my dad brought me a pizza one day. I was already full at that time, but the pizza tastes so good! So I just finished the whole pizza and ... barfed. Bye bye pizza, not a fan ever since.

June 9, 2016 at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home