The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

September 26, 2016

Leaving on a Jet Plane....🎧

Tomorrow we are going to America!!!!  WooHoo!  Earlier today, I realized that we are flying back exactly two years after our deportation trip.  A little over 21 months since we have stepped foot on American soil.  I am so ready for this break!   I even said I may kiss the ground.  Probably not... that would be gross.  I know so much craziness is going on back home... but to me it is the greatest place to call home.  I wish people understood how worse off so much of the world is.  And how they would love the chance at the American Dream.  I am pretty sure my language teacher tells me once a week.

Anyways.... I am not talking politics....   I am so looking forward to being able to read signs, speak to people without racking my brain for the right words, let alone saying it well enough to be understood.  To not being stared at... just being like everyone else.  Eating my kind of food, shopping for clothes and shoes in my size!  And spending time with my family.  They may drive me nuts every so often, but I couldn't ask for a better bunch!  And we finally get to celebrate a new member of the family!  My Sister in law got married Feb 2015 (rather quickly after the engagement) for well, life reasons. Insurance and all that adult stuff.   So they are finally having a small ceremony and the big party to celebrate.

Now I am absolutely knackered and will be crawling into bed before the 4:30am alarm.  I miss the direct flight days of Istanbul.  So 24 hours after we leave our house, we will be in NYC!  Maybe I will even post some since I don't have to fight the Great Firewall of China!  Or I will just be too busy have a blast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home