The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

November 25, 2011

Understanding

I have always had a hard time with foreign language. I always seem to get so flustered. And being here hasn't been much different. Everyone tells me to just use body language. Pointing seems to work for the most part but communicating anything beyond that.... I just plain suck. Well today, the electricians were back to finish installing the lights. For the most part we did ok. Then around noon, one of the guys came up to me and babbled something in Turkish. I was thinking hard because I knew the words that came out of his mouth! When he repeated it, I couldn't believe that I actually understood what he said! He said he was going downstairs to eat bread and have tea! Woo Hoo! But that was the beginning of my down fall. Blame it on being tired, since I have cleaning and cooking all day. But by the time he left, we weren't communicating well at all. I understood he wanted his $$ even though he didn't fix my ceiling fan. I don't think he tried hard because he just told me the controller was broke (well replace it!) But whatever. I told him my husband would give the manager the money. That didn't go over well, until I told the manager and he was like sounds good! Maybe if I hadn't had to wait two months for them to get back out here..... The landlord also came by today. We are getting railing for our stairs. They are a bit dangerous and with the Grandparents coming.... we don't need anymore injuries. Sami is very nice and speak good English. He takes great pride in his apartments. He also informed that today they were hooking the telephones up to the complex and that from what I understood, someone in the next week would be here to hook us up! I am PRAYING that it includes internet. I can't take it much longer without watching GLEE! And I thank my friends for not sharing too much on FB.... I'm so reaady for HULU!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home