The Blue House of Crazy

Adventures of an American Expat Family

November 17, 2011

Best job in the World

I have always know how lucky I am to be able to stay at home and raise my kids.  I have also made the choice to commit myself to being home for them.   And thru the hard times and the good, there is one moment that really stands out with my kids.  I love that first smile.  I love when I get my first hug or kiss.  But to this day, nothing makes being a mom the best job in the world than the first time you here those 4 little words, I love you Mommy.And Nate has finally uttered those sweet sweet words. 

That boy already knows how to work his Mommy.  He is just such a sweetheart.  Every night when I tuck him into bed, I say Night Nate and give him a hug and kiss and then I tell him I love him.  It started with a “Night Momma”.  Then last week, he uttered those amazing words.  I said, “Goodnight Nate”. “Nite Momma”  Then I said my usually, “ I love you Nate Nate.   And the first time  I wasn’t sure.  But the second night it was clear. He said, “ Love you Momma”.   God, do I love that boy.  I think God gave me the hardest first.  He knew he just needed to throw me head on in, get over my fear of kids.    And he continues to bless me with such amazing kids that I don’t think I want #3 to be it.

What could be a better end to the day then hearing three beautiful children telling you they love you?  Absolutely, NOTHING! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home